Brian Hall - Executive Chairman
- KPMG trained Chartered Accountant who became a member of the small team which landed the first commercial oil from the UK North Sea
- Over 40 years managing natural resources companies
- Founded oil company Aminex PLC in 1991, took it to the LSE Premium List and managed its activities in 8 countries, discovering and exploiting oil or gas on three continents
- Aminex is one of very few independent oil companies to have paid a Russia exit dividend
- Joined the Great Western board in 2012, Chairman in 2013 and Executive Chairman in 2019
Robert O’Connell - Operations Director
- Graduate of Texas Christian University
- Trained oil and gas driller
- 20 years’ operating experience in oil and mining
- Founder employee of Great Western, staked the original claims and oversaw 5,000 metres of drilling, resulting in an Inferred copper resource of 19,000 tonnes copper
- Fully familiar with all regulatory requirements in Nevada and has built trust and good working relations with both the host state and federal authorities
Max Williams - Finance Director and Company Secretary
- Chartered Accountant
- Over 26 years’ experience managing the finances of publicly-traded natural resources companies
- Until 2019 Financial Controller/Secretary and subsequently Finance Director of Aminex PLC, controlling the finances of a group operating in multiple jurisdictions
All the executive directors are shareholders in Great Western
Dr. James Blight - Exploration Manager
- Dr. Blight is a Chartered Professional affiliated to the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (‘AusIMM’), with relevant experience in vein-hosted gold and base-metals exploration, and is a ‘Qualified Person’ for reporting purposes.
- His career has included frontier and near-mine exploration, resource interpretation, infill drill programmes, pre-feasibility studies and assessment of mined materials for potential reprocessing operations.
- Dr. Blight has worked on projects in West Africa, Saudi Arabia, Ethiopia, the Gobi Desert of Mongolia and peri-arctic Sweden.
- At Jibal Qutman in Saudi Arabia, he identified and sampled the Red Hill gold target which became a 40,000 oz. satellite deposit.
- Most recently he has worked with Cornwall Resources PLC where he was the technical lead at the Redmoor Project, discovering a new tungsten-tin-copper resource. Following this, he designed a second drill campaign which succeeded in more than doubling the originally estimated tonnage, at better than anticipated grades.
- Joined Great Western in 2021
Jack Davies - Senior Geologist
- BSc in Applied Geology from the Camborne School of Mines and winner of the JC Davey Industrial Geology Award
- Senior Geologist for Great Western’s properties in Mineral County, Nevada
- Previous experience in epithermal gold and copper discovery and development in the Tethyan Belt as well as consulting on NI43-101 reporting and GIS work
- Joined Great Western in 2018
- Graduate of Oxford University
- Over 30 year banking career in London and New York
- Senior Adviser at Smith Square Partners, leading London corporate finance firm
- Formerly Chairman of LGB Corporate Finance and before that built and led the corporate finance business of Edmond de Rothschild in London
- Experience in debt and equity capital markets and international M&A
- Chairman of Audit and Risk Committees
- 20-year experienced mineral exploration geologist
- Experienced in corporate affairs
- First Class Honours degree in Earth Sciences from the National University of Ireland
- Geology Manager, Greatland Gold PLC
- Executive Director, Starvest PLC which supports early stage mineral exploration ventures